Friday, November 11, 2011

One Day at a Time

By: Lucinda Kerrigan
Date: June 12, 2008
copyright pending

Starlight, star bright
Where is my true lover tonight?

I am trying to stay
Where I am in my comfort zone
Yet I'm ready for a change

What should I do?
Where will I go?
Why is everything
Moving so fast
Then slow then fast
And so and so?

So, I am gonna change my tune
I am gonna chart a new course
With my lover my best friend in mind

And, between the two of us
We are gonna be unstoppable
We are gonna change the world
One day at a time

I feel my head spinning
When I think about you darling
Totally overwhelmed and God
Knows we're both a work in progress

But, I confess my feelings
Are getting stronger everyday as
I hold myself back everytime
And in spite of how my heart tries to escape
And I tell myself,
"One day at a time"

Am I moving too slow?
Am I moving too fast?
Maybe without realizing
I'm moving closer to you
Right on time

So, maybe now it's
Time to reveal more of me to you
By slowly un-veiling
The pieces of my life
But, first if you don't mind
May I have a kiss?
Ok, well maybe after you read this...

No comments:

Post a Comment