Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Our Divine Escape

By: Lucinda Kerrigan
February 12, 2008
copyright pending

Purple lights,
Blue skies and
Your beautiful mind
Like mine fascinates
The emotions I had
Never known I had inside

As you sleep
I am fighting the cold
I am fighting my body's
Will to stay alive

Before midnight,
I start to sacrifice
My heart needs
A real flame beside it

Now I see a vision of you
You are waiting for me on
The other side and
The picture is getting clearer
As I keep walking through
The haze

Soon, time will let me escape
My angels in heaven
Saved me as you know
On that cold December morning

Now, I got a plan
But you must understand
That I need a companion
Because I can't do this all alone

So, take my hand
If you are ready
Don't be afraid
Don't delay
Our divine escape

No comments:

Post a Comment