Monday, October 17, 2011

Counting My Blessings

by: Lucinda Kerrigan
October 16, 2011
copyright pending


I am starting to really like it here
Don’t feel like moving nowhere else
I am settled in this sleepy ole town
And I have run out of road to run down
The gasoline prices are too high
And I am too happy to leave this time

I look out my apartment window
At the world below
Bustling out there on the street
With youth and business people buzzing around

Loud music, youth hanging out, doors slamming,
Crazy drivers in this hood
When is the law gonna run them amuck?

In a way, if I had the money
I would go to a better place
Fancier appliances and gadgets of this new century
And have a Porsche Mercedes
Would it make me feel better materially, well yes!
But spiritually, no!

I got my husband, my mother, and the Good Lord
That is all I need to be happy and free
Everything else is part of surviving
And can’t forget my friends
They are like family to me
Strong like a rock
That I can lean on when times are tough
Someone to call around the clock

Busy as a bee that’s me
Between school, work, running errands and caretaking
Projects and hobbies are barely a part time thing
Just some time in between
Thank you God for all of my blessings
I count them all thanks to you

No comments:

Post a Comment