Thursday, October 20, 2011

In You

By: Lucinda Kerrigan
June 28, 2006
copyright pending

In my mind, I see you
In my soul, I feel that you are there
Wherever I go you follow me

Whenever I'm down
I will seek you
Oh Lord, I trust you
To take my hand when
I'm desperate
Or when I need you to carry me

In your footsteps
There is comfort
In your embrace
There is solace
In your voice
There is strength
In your touch
There is healing
In you, there is everything
That I could ask for and more

Whatever comes my way
It won't stand half a chance
Up against my faith
I know I can conquer
My greatest fears
In you, there is a reason to believe

Jesus, your joy is unexpected
Your love is pure
In you, I have more than a friend
I have a savior to call my own
In you, we are two shadows
Walking beside the rising and the setting sun
In you, there is new life
In you, there is everything
Now and forever, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the two people who loved my poem, "In You". I can not add more to this site. I hope to share with you more poems soon as I write them. I've been chronically I'll some time now. Please share this site with your friends. I can't log in to add or edit. Follow me on Facebook and Twitter and on Google plus I'll post my new site soon. Thank you and God Bless. Lucinda

    ReplyDelete